Leaks have repeatedly insisted that Nintendo’s next-gen console will probably be backward appropriate with the Nintendo Swap, and that has now been formally confirmed.

In a press release revealed on Twitter, Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa introduced that, as shared by the corporate at its latest company administration coverage briefing, the successor to the Nintendo Swap will be capable of play video games launched for the present Swap console.

Moreover, Furukawa additionally confirmed that the corporate’s on-line subscription service, Nintendo Swap On-line, will probably be out there on its subsequent console as nicely. That shouldn’t come as a large shock, not solely due to the success that the service has loved, however as a result of Nintendo has indicated on a couple of events that it intends to assist make the generational transition to its subsequent console smoother with such continuity.

Furukawa additionally says additional particulars on the Swap’s successor and the way its backward compatibility will perform will probably be shared “at a later date”. Not too long ago, he additionally said that the console will probably be formally unveiled earlier than April 2025, as confirmed earlier this 12 months.

The Nintendo Swap, in the meantime, has offered 146.04 million items worldwide as of September 30.




Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version